Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Can'T Find Toro Trimmer Parts Online



Yup, pulled another one out of the trash. (but it looks very promising)
Toro trimmer model 51930 s/n 230013147. I go to the Toro website to look up some parts but it tells me there is no line drawing (I tried my model as well as the A and B) and as such I can't find parts. I go under manuals and see a part manual. That gives me the drawings and part numbers however when I go elsewhere on the net to look for these parts they appear not to exist and this trimmer does not exist.
Places I have looked stop at Toro trimmer model 51927 which is a 16 gas trimmer from 1997 whereas mine is a 17 gas trimmer from 2003 (according to the Toro website).
I'm guessing this is an MTD but how can I find parts?

google - jacks small engines
I have found numerous parts for dated lawn equipment there.

I've used them before but can't find this trimmer there, thanks though.

just google for Toro Trimmer Parts and a bunch of places show up. Have a good one. Geo

That is my problem, I'm no stranger to finding parts online but I can't find this trimmer or any of its Toro part numbers listed anywhere. Example, I found at the Toro website the primer assembly is part number 01183. Go on the net and numerous small engine repair shop websites and that part doesn't exist. Another example is fuel tank assembly part no. 3075701. Can't find it.

Go to the website listed above, from the links on the right hand side of the home page select parts / service. Then click on Go to the Homelite Store.
Enter your model number (51930) and click the search button. This should show your units illustrated parts list.
This unit was manufactured for Toro by Homelite. Only Toro dealers that signed up with Homelite will have access to parts, but any Homelite dealer should be able to get you what you need, or you can purchase from Homelite as well.
Best of Luck...

I was just on toro.com and found your trimmer and parts
Toro.com Homeowner Yard Tools Gas Trimmers Model then select the parts lookup from the left column, put in model and s/n then select the model then the manual you want to see(parts) and wait for it to load. Have a good one. Geo

Thanks everyone. Geo, I got to there but when you click 'look up parts' it says there is no line drawing available and that was my dead end. I found the parts 'manual' listed under manual but couldn't find parts elsewhere using Toro part numbers.
30Year, That was on the money. Sometimes it's so confusing for us folks that do this as a hobby. I ran into this last month when playing with a Ryobi which apparently was bought out by MTD. Luckily found a website that listed the Ryobi and supersceeded (sp) the MTD part numbers. Thanks!!

Well for future reference, if you play with a new Ryobi the ones with the yellow shaft, they are also Homelite units.






Tags: find, toro, trimmer, parts, online, part numbers, find parts, this trimmer, Toro website, assembly part, find this, find this trimmer