Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The best motherson songs for a wedding reception

The best mother-son songs for a wedding reception


It's interesting:
"Now everyone, I'm aware that it's a particularly cold winter's day for a wedding, but don't worry... if anyone is feeling a chill running down their spine it's ..."

During the wedding reception, the groom and his mother often share a special dance to celebrate their relationship. The song that is played during this dance is typically sentimental and speaks highly of the mother-son relationship. However, there are other songs that can be played that speak simply of love, life or beauty. When selecting the song to use for the mother-son dance at your wedding, consider some of the following songs, which are among the most popular for this dance.

  1. Boyz II Men

    • Boyz II Men released a song called "A Song For Mama," which quickly became a popular song for the mother-son dance at a wedding. As is obvious by the title, the song was written to honor the mother and everything she does for her son. Although mothers are typically very proud and honored to watch their son get married, they sometimes feel as though they are losing their son in some small way. Playing this song during the mother-son dance is a good way for the son to remind his mother than although he is getting married, his mother will always be one of the most important women in his life. The chorus explains the overall theme of the song perfectly: "Mama, mama you know I love you/Oh you know I love you/Mama, mama you're the queen of my heart/Your love is like/Tears from the stars/Mama, I just want you to know/Lovin' you is like food to my soul."

    Celine Dion

    • One of Celine Dion's most popular songs is "Because You Loved Me," which is a beautiful and sentimental song. The soft and slow rhythm allows the mother and son to share a special slow dance, while the lyrics provide an emotional look into a typical mother-son relationship. The singer is thanking someone special for all the wonderful things that person has brought into the singer's life. The chorus of the song fully expresses the encouragement and support a mother gives her son: "You were my strength when I was weak/You were my voice when I couldn't speak/You were my eyes when I couldn't see/You saw the best there was in me." The song then goes on to say, "I'm everything I am because you loved me." This song is a popular choice for the mother-son dance because it allows the son to express his love and gratitude for his mother and all she has done for him throughout his life.

    Stevie Wonder & Louis Armstrong

    • There are also a variety of beautiful songs that make good choices although they do not have anything specifically to do with the mother-son relationship. Stevie Wonder has a beautiful song called "You Are The Sunshine Of My Life" that is quite appropriate. The lyrics of the song refer to a special love that has lasted through the years. The lyrics, "You are the sunshine of my life/That's why I'll always be around/You are the apple of my eye/Forever you'll stay in my heart," describe the typical mother-son relationship perfectly. You might also want to consider "What A Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong. Although this song does not talk about love or relationships in any way, it has an upbeat tune and beautiful lyrics that are appropriate for a wedding. The song talks about the simple and lovely aspects of life, such as the blue skies, red roses and rainbows in the sky, always coming back to say, "And I think to myself...what a wonderful world."


Source: www.ehow.com

Tags: mother-son dance, mother-son relationship, wedding reception, Celine Dion, know love, life chorus